July 29, 2010 Leave a comment
1) 1 cup store bought roasted vermicilli ( Bambino brand)
2) 3 cups whole milk ( half and half for thicker version of the recipe)
3) 1 tsp Ghee ( clarified butter)
4) 1/2 tsp cardamom powder or 5 to 6 cardamom pods deseeded and crushed
5) 1 tbsp sliced almonds
6) 1 tbsp golden raisins
7) 1/2 tsp Saffron
1) Heat the milk in the microwave for about 10 min.
2) While the milk is boiling in the heavy bottom pan add 1 tsp of ghee and roast the vermicillis just less then a min.
DO NOT OVER ROAST SINCE THEY ARE ALREADY ROASTED. Over roasting of vermicills will change their color and will taste bitter.
3) Pour the milk with saffron on the vermicills and stir.
4) When the milk starts boiling, lower the heat and add sugar. Be careful while adding the sugar since the milk will splatter.
5) Once all the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat.
6) Add almonds and cardamom powder once the Khir cools down.